"You need to find a passion" I was once told. And so i began to search.
So started out a journey i wasn't sure i was ready to embark on. A journey that was exciting and terrifying at the same time. I love being a part of peoples lives, i knew that much. And i like feeling like i am needed. I like to write, but it's not my life. So what is a passion..i don't know how many times i bugged people trying to get them to explain what that really means, or what it would mean in my life. And so i prayed about it, and i prayed and i prayed and then i prayed some more. I asked the people in my life who i trusted to help me on my quest, and asked contionously how they saw me and what they percieved my passion is. And the whole time it was right in front of me. I have a passion for loving people. For looking at things not as how others should see them, but how i would see them if i was in the shoes of the other person. I remembered my hurts, my lonliness, my heartbreaking memories of childhood, and there is where i have found my passion, for brokeness. I want to help the people who feel like there's is no more hope left. The people who wake up in the morning wishing they were ead. The people who have been hurt and burned so bad by people that they feel they will never redeem themselves to anyone.
I want to be able to share the hope i have been given while at the same time reminding the broken that through Christ they are no longer damaged goods. But priceless jewels. Like a diamond hidden in the rough, God can make something amazing out of their lives, if they let Him. This is my passion. To love, to care, to assist, and to show the way through the rain, and directly to the cross. I know what it's like to be hurt by people, to feel like people will always look at me and see a fool, rather then a woman of God. But my identity does not lie in people but in Jesus Christ. All the time i had been searching it was right in front of me. As much as it hurt for someone to tell me i had to find my passion, and that i needed a life of " my own", am grateful for it. Because i no longer need to find a place to belong, because i know exactly where i need to be.
My prayer is this:
1 Corinthians 9:21-23 (New International Version)
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How awesome, to find your passion, your purpose. I struggled w/ that for years. "why am i here?" So I know now how to better pray for you on your life's journey that God has set you on. Wish i was as bold as you!
I love your writing! How are you?
Post a Comment