Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Friday, September 12, 2008
Trying to be positive...
Yesterday was such a high low day. High as in the concert at umass was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Hearing the spanish music brought me back like i was in Honduras again. Man i really really miss it there. The band was great, lots of energy, as most spanish anythings! It was a lot of fun. And then something kinda like getting a kick in the stomach happened. I found out someone very close to me is sick. Sick not as in a cold sick, but sick as in could die sick. Now i have a lot of faith usually, and i believe God can do miracles, in fact i know He can, that is if He wants to. That is where i struggle where i get confused, where i hurt. It is hard to digest that someone is sick, it is even harder to digest that God may not heal them, despite how much you pray, despite how much you want them to be healed. I went through this with my dad. I prayed everyday for God to heal him, not just once a day, but i spent most of the day praying. But He didn't heal my dad. Yet there have been many people that God has healed. Now someone close to me, one of my close friends is sick. And i am wrestling, wrestling about what to say to God, wrestling with what to say to her, wrestling about how to even react. I have never been in her situation. I have never been sick as bad as she is. I've been sick with my own stuff, but that is long over, except for the mental issues. But this is different. Very different. What do you say to someone who is 20, and is sick. What do you say to someone who's medcine makes them feel worse but is suppose top help them? God has a plan for your life..to end it? God loves you, even though ur extremely sick and only a kid? Or how about God's gonna work this for good, by taking you? I'm sorry if i don't seem optimistic, but after you loose person after person, after person, eventually it is suppose to numb you. It's doing the opposite to me, it is making me want to be the one gone instead. It is making me, want to say screw this, and run as far away as possible, i don't want to loose someone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
God has a plan for your life..to end it?
Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
Or how about God's gonna work this for good, by taking you?
Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His godly ones.
Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
It is making me, want to say screw this, and run as far away as possible,
Psalms 139:7-12 Where can I go from Thy Spirit? Or where can I flee from Thy presence? {8} If I ascend to heaven, Thou art there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, Thou art there. {9} If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, {10} Even there Thy hand will lead me, And Thy right hand will lay hold of me. {11} If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night," {12} Even the darkness is not dark to Thee, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to Thee.
Hey, sorry you're hurting. I have no scriptures to offer you, only my love and a bloghug. I pray for you, i hope you know that. that is the only and best thing I know to do for someone hurting. but i gotta add this; be there for your friend. not to speak, give advice, or make her laugh. just BE there. cuz being alone (meaning w/o humans who care about you) is worse than being sick.
I'll talk toyou soon, okay?
time for a new post!
Post a Comment