Isaiah 44:22

Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Life as we know it

How many times do we take life for granted? I find myself over and over reminding myself not to do that, yet i always find myself once again doing just that. Until something comes along that knocks me on my behind and sends shock waves through my inner being. I have expierenced loss and death quite a bit in my life, and have felt brokeness and i have also felt the sting of death. But nothing i have come to realize is more important then being thankful for the life we have been given. Whether our cup to drink is bitter or sweet, it is our cup, and the creator, knows what is best for His creation. I am thankful that i have overcome much adversity in my life, and I am thankful for ALL of the people God has placed in my life to help me and guide me along the way. But even more so I am thankful for a God that loves me soomuch that He knows everything about me, good and bad and yet He still loves me. But that also challenges me. Because if we truly believed that God truly loved all of us and much as we tell people then our lives would look very very different. We would love without boundaries, we would care whether it was conveinent or not, we would see the world in all of it's brokeness and not shy away from it, into our little Jesus circles, but we would look for ways to help to teach to reach and to be God's hands and feet. Instead i see many of the christian circles i have been a part of shying away from the world rather then reaching out to it. I don't believe people should be taken on as projects, but i do believe people are to be taken on as family. We all sin we all fall short, maybe if we stopped pretending to have all the answers for the lives of the lost and just loved them where they were at they would want to know why we love them, and we would be given the opportunity to share the love of Christ. We don't have all the answers but we know the One who does. We don't need to pretend to have a holier than thou life. Because that is exactly what turns people off to christianity. They see people who look perfect act perfect talk perfect, and they then in return believe they have to be perfect. That is totally opposite of the God i know. He rescues sinners, just because we know Him as savior doesn't mean we are no longer sinners. We need Christ every day yo be working in our lives. So therefore we need to be honest and real with people, so that they may see God's work in us, and through us. So that they may not see us as doing the work but as God doing it. To Him be all the glory, for my life and for my story. Mat we live our lives as a living honest testimony to a God that is working and changing us every day.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hmmm, I'm having mixed feelings about this post. I am assuming I know the 'christian circles' of which you speak, and I disagree. I see the love, the willingness to serve, the open arms, homes and acceptance into families. And no one I know there claims to have all the answers. Perhaps that is just what we think, that they have all the answers, when , in reality, most people are just searching for God, like we are. And they, like you said, are still sinners that need Jesus every day; so the faults you're finding may just be from human beings/aka sinners saved by grace, that are not perfect, or trying to be holier than thou, but tryint to live righteously, as we are called to do.
I am learing daily, to do as you said in the beginning; not take life for granted, being thankful for the life I have, and the people in it, even w/ all their faults, cuz LORD knows, I have mine.
We are all on (or should be on) the same team here. We are all sinners, bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus. Any other differences, in theology, or doctrine or lifestyle, or financial status, or how we show love, is also covered by that same blood. He is working in us all, changing us, one sin at a time.
Just as I want people to accept me for who I am NOW, I need to accept them for who they are. It is not their 'fault' they were raised in a christian home and some weren't. It is not their 'fault' they were never on drugs, had drinking problems, slept around, and lived like the devil. I (we?) need to stop holding that against people. and start holding on to the verse, "he who is forgiven much, loves much"
Girl, we've been forgiven MUCH, so we should just love MUCH, and not sweat the little stuffs.
Hope I make some sense here. I love you, really I do.