This battle deep within
Is it right, is it wrong, is it really sin?
Questions arising
Conclusions somewhat suprising.
Do I grab hold, or just let go
When what i want is starting to show?
Cast all our cares upon The One
Who redeems us, God's own Son.
But what about when He's silent
When He turns His head from the mean and violent
Yet is quick to point out good things as wrong
When feelings are there, and the bond is strong?
It's a fight, a battle every morning noon and night
But how do i fight against something that i think is alright?
So it is written we are to obey
But I'm tired of living that way.
I need to know for me, not because it is written on a page
Because I feel like i'm in an epic battle on a huge stage
And i don't want to make others stumble and fall
But it seems like not only people, but God is now ignoring my call.
So do i go on about my day
Living my life, doing things my way?
Because ignore status, isn't helping me, not one bit
I'm tired or this battle and i'm ready to quit
There's a strand, a thread, that is holding me
But i can't keep living this way, do you even see
That I am reaching out, trying to grab His Hand
Because more then anything i want to know, to understand.
But i'm getting no where, except the place i've been for years
So where is God, is He listening, or is He ignoring my tears?
I'm crying out for answers, for stability
GOD ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?????????
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl, first of all, cut me some slack! I'm not used to you writing-gee!
Now, I think I've said all I can say about this. I love your writing, and youdid this one well, I'm glad I know what's up, though. We gotta choose, sometimes. Do we follow where our hears, or even our flesh is leading us? Doing what 'feels' right? Or do we deny ourselves, and do what we know in our heads is right, w/o understanding 'why' , just trusting our heavenly daddy, to know what is best for us. We don't have to agree, understand, or even like it (just like my kids often have to obey, w/o knowing why, but I know, thatI have their best interests at heart) But, we know, you know and I do, what the truth is, what is right, and what we should do. Does God mean more to you than anything else? Do you trust Him enought to say, 'your will be done.'
Look back, and ALL He's done for you , brought you through, and provided for you. Look at all the times the world said 'no way heather' but god said, 'yes, my daughter'.
He loves you and so do I! ~hugs~
Post a Comment