I recently started a bible study called living in light of the gospel story. As i did the first week's lesson i was extremely challenged and blessed. As i read through it the first story was the story of two lost sons which totally has shed some light on things for me. I have been struggling alot with my own will and God's will for me. What i want and what God wants. And though i am sure everyone in the world will have "answers" for me as they always do. Sometimes it would be nice if people actually heard what i was saying rather then feeling the need to out their own twist on it. As I was saying nate and i started doing a study together. Which is really cool. I haven't been to a bible study in a while because i haven't really been feeling it but this study is different. I got tired of bible studies that were all about theology and not about what we can do here and now to apply what we learn to our lives.
So the study i'm doing is basically living out the fundamentals of christianity. I am being trained basically to be able to do the study with a small group. It's very challenging and it totally helps you to see things in perspective. The questions are deep, and real. They have challenged me, and it's only the first chapter. As i was saying the first chapter/section is about the father's love for us. Which is sometimes a touchy subject for me. Because it's hard to trust a God that hasn't really protected you from all the stuff i have been through. Father's are suppose to protect their daughters, yeah so like i said it's hard for me.
I'm excited about the study though. Excited that it's going to be something real, not necessarily easy, but real. I'm looking forward to seeing where this will go and where this may end. I'm glad to be challenged and relieved to have someone that i truly trust to be doing it with me, and training me up to teach it. I'm glad that i have made the choices i have made in the last few months. Though it was hard for me to leave my other church, because i honestly and truly love every single person there. I miss all of them greatly, even the personalities that sometimes made it hard for me. I miss the kids especially. But where i am now, is challenging me, and they also see the heart i have for sharing the gospel and for also teaching others. It's truly a blessing to be where i am, not that where i was wasn't a blessing, but that was a season in my life. A season that i was scared to move out of, but i knew i had to. There were things that hurt me, lots of things, but i truly believe God allowed those things to happen to move me on. Like i said i love everyone there and miss them greatly.
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are all praying that you rise to the challenge.
Hey, Wats up? Whens the next worship nite at PU? You and ur ride will have to pick me up if my parents dont want to go.
People who live in glass houses can't throw stones.
People who live in the light of the Gospel can't hide.
Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Post a Comment