A new year a new beginning, a time to renew
My hopes and my dreams, to give control back to you.
Attemptin to hold on, yet falling apart
Feeling hopeless as people break my heart.
Wanting to be loved, yet feeling pushed away
Holding on with everything i have, not wanting to stray.
The pain inside, now making itself known
Yet i rejoice in how in Christ i have grown.
I feel the pull from who i use to be
Wanting to once again make life all about me.
I want to get better, no more sleepless nights
No more arguements and no more fights.
A brand new year, to start again
Looking to be a servant, a true friend
A year to depend on God, to pull me through
A new outlook, to be selfless in the things i do.
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi heather, jacqui ! that was a great writting of yours, and sacred romance i am reading right now... happy new year sista.... keep walking that narrow path... and keep sharing your writtings, you are a blessing. a new year was great.. makes you think, and muse something we don't do enough. love ya jacqui
Okay, this is the 2nd time im trying to leave you a comment, if it doesnt work, i quit!
I was expecting another posting from you, why only one? what's up? You're slippin'
love your poems, and am expecting to see more here!
love ya- tanya
Post a Comment