Sunday was an interesting day, i went to church and then i attended an event that in some religious circles i would be crucified for attending. I went to New Bedford's Gay Pride event. I ate, i danced, i laughed, i even hugged, lots and lots of gay men..and women. I had a great time too. But i think some of te most entertaining things were when people asked how i've been and what I've been up to, and i was given a chance to tell them about church, and tell them about honduras. I never once condemned them nor their lifestyle. I shared what God taught me in Honduras, and i even shared some personal things that I am trusting God with. And to be honest i had a wonderful time. I caught up with lots of friends from back in the day, and made a lot of new friends. Alot of people were shocked that me being a christian and all that i would even walk into a place where "their people" are. One girl i met said how come your here, " your people hate or people". I looked at her and told her there is no line between me and them. In fact i love gay people, straight people, church people, atheist people. I love them all.Just as Christ did.
I think alot of times those of us who attend services or meeting get so caught up in our little groups that we forget about the other people out there. We forget that the story of the good samaritan wasn't about someone who was a believer. It was about someone who needed help, now how many people do we walk by on a daily basis that we turn our heads and walk by? How many people are too incoinveint for us to reach out to? How many peoples sins aren't like ours, that we look down upon, because hey, they might corrupt us. The man that was robbed and lying half dead in the road that the samaritan helped would have made the pharisees unclean, because he was bleeding so they left him there, but who was more of a neighbor to the man, who was hurting? Jesus says we are to go and do likewise. How often do we really do that? I'm just curious, cause i miss opportunities every day.
I had a great time with the outsiders, with people who probably won't ever step foot in a church. And you know they challenged me, because they were more welcoming and less judgemental then the body of Christ is to each other.It was deffintely an expierence, and i learned quite a bit. Because as much as people say that homosexuals don't want to hear about Christ, i think it is more we the body of Christ are afraid to bring it to them. I met so many open people, curious people, and it challenged me in ways that i haven't been challenged in some time. I had fun hanging out with our modern day Lepers, they quite loving, and accepting.
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow. I don't know what else to say.
Post a Comment