Perfect Christianity
Heather Jo Trombly
Perfect Christianity, I smile, You smile
We pretend to care at least for a while
I love You, or so i say
Yet mumble just the opposite, as i walk away.
I pray every morning, me and Jesus, we're tight
But i dare not admit that my spouse and I fight.
I attend church and bible study too
And see people straving, and leave them with a "I'll pray for you"
The new age pharisees, you and I
We claim to love Jesus, but He is someone our actions deny
I love Jesus with all my heart and soul,
But look to money to make me whole
Perfect Christianity, a fascade for all to see
A holy life dedicated to, it's all about me
Show me a perfect Christian, I'll show you a twisted lie
Because noone is perfect except the GOD we deny.
Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yikes!
Thank Goodness for God's grace and forgiveness. True Christians are led by the Holy Spirit to change Constantly being prodded by the Holy Spirit to help those in need and be true to those around them. All true Christians must strive to grow where they have been planted and then the verse "For I am confident of this very thing, He who BEGAN a good work in you, will perfect it..." What a hope we have. Being Fake is relative....
Love ya
Chris
Oh, and where have you been hiding your spouse?
Post a Comment