Isaiah 44:22

Isaiah 44:22
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."

Monday, July 21, 2008

Struck down but Not Destroyed

I was wicked wicked sick today. A migraine that was the mother and father of all migraines came upon me, so i spent the entire day in darkness snuggling with a bucket to catch all of the nastiness that my belly decided to project out of it. I can usually handle throwing up but today, we'll just say, was a not so good day. Yesterday on the pother hand was amazing yet also saddening.

Yesterday i went to a family cookout for my uncle everett, which i gotta say was alot more fun then they usually are. I had a great time. I did get bad news though. My aunt's best friend died on saturday, and i found out when i got to the cookout. This woman was a very big part of my life, and meant a lot to me. Not because she was my aunt's best friend but because her and i had a relationship dynamic that was totally seperate of my aunt's and mine. This woman Virginia, was one of the women from neighborhood who was always encouraging me, and always supportive of me. Se never looked down on me, but always encouraged me and gave me a lot of advice. I had the uptmost respect for this woman and she is actually the reason why i decided to actually try to reconnect with my family again. She knew the trouble i went through with my brothers, my mom and all the stuff that happened to me. She knew my faults, yet never once looked down on me or told me i was a loser. It's sad that she is gone, and it hurts me to see my aunt hurting. I will no doubt miss her. The funeral and wake are tues and wed. I probably won't make it to the wake, but i will no doubt be at the funeral.
Despite the sad news of virginia's death i had a great time at my family cookout. I usually feel out of place at those things because well, my mom wasn't exactly the one everyone wanted at parties so for a long time, i didn't attend family parties because my mom wasn't usually invited. But this one was different. I got to go swimming in my aunt and uncles pool, and then we played volleyball. Good ole volleyball. Picture this a whole bunch of people, who well, play volleyball quite similar, barely getting it over the net, was pretty amusing. If you've ever seen me play volleyball, multiply that hilarious show by about 15, and then you might be close to imagining what this show was like. Lots of fun and lots of laughs, God truly blessed it. It was a great time, and i look forward to seeing my uncle again tomorrow as well as my sister. God is truly answering sooo many prayers of mine. He is soooo GOOD!

No comments: